Revolution® (selamectin) Topical Solution
• Topical once-a-month parasiticide for dogs.
• Provides systemic treatment against a broad spectrum of external and internal parasites.
Revolution® (selamectin) is approved for:
• Use in dogs 6 weeks of age or older against the following parasites: adult fleas, flea eggs, heartworm, ear mites, sarcoptic mites, and American dog tick.
• Killing adult fleas and preventing flea eggs from hatching for one month, and indicated for prevention and control of flea infestations (Ctenocephalides felis).
• Prevention of heartworm disease caused by Dirofilaria immitis.
• Treatment and control of ear mite (Otodectes cynotis) infestations.
• Treatment and control of sarcoptic mange (Sarcoptes scabiei).
• Control of American dog tick (Dermacentor variabilis) infestations.
• Revolution is a prescription-only medicine, not a pesticide.
• Broad-spectrum protection against most internal and external parasites.
• Kills adult flea and their eggs.
• Fast, simple and easy to use.
• Because of the low-volume dosage size, the solution can be applied in one spot.
• Non-greasy, quick-drying preparation.
• Bathing pet 2 hours after application does not affect efficacy.
• Available in 6 convenient dosage sizes in no-drip disposable tubes.
• Available in 6 separate dose strengths for dogs of different weights (see Dosage and Administration).
• Revolution for puppies is available in cartons containing 3 single-dose tubes.
• Revolution for dogs is available in cartons containing 3 or 6 single-dose tubes.
• Revolution for dogs weighing more than 85 pounds is available in cartons containing 6 or 12 single-dose tubes.
Dosage and Administration
• Hold tube upright.
• Press cap down until a click is heard (cap punctures applicator seal).
• Remove cap and check to be sure tip of tube is open.
• Part hair at base of neck and place tip of tube on visible skin area.
• Squeeze tube 3 or 4 times in one spot until empty. Keep tube squeezed to avoid drawing liquid back into tube. While keeping tube squeezed, drag it away from liquid and lift up to remove.
• Ensure tube is empty.
• The recommended minimum dose is 2.7 mg selamectin per pound (6 mg/kg) of body weight, applied according to the following tables.
• For dogs more than 130 pounds, the appropriate combination of color-coded tubes is used.
• Prior to administration, dogs should be tested for existing heartworm infections. At the discretion of the veterinarian, infected dogs should be treated to remove adult heartworms.
• While the number of circulating adult D. immitis microfilariae may decrease following treatment, Revolution is not effective for microfilariae clearance.
• In humans, may be irritating to skin and eyes.
• In studies, less than 1% of dogs experienced digestive upset.
• Do not use in sick, debilitated or underweight animals.
• Flammable. Keep away from heat, sparks or open flame.
• Keep out of reach of children.
• Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Revolution Topical Parasiticide
Dog 21-40 lbs RED - 3ct
Revolution Is A Topical Parasiticide That Is Applied To The Skin Of Dogs Six Weeks Of Age And Older To Kill Adult Fleas And Prevent Flea Eggs From Hatching. It Also Prevents Heartworm Disease As Well As Control And Treat Ear Mite Infestation,Sarcoptic Mange,And The American Dog Tick. 3 Monthly Topical Applications.
evolution (Pfizer Animal Health)
What is this medication used for Revolution is a topical parasiticide used in the treatment or prevention of heartworm disease, fleas, the American dog tick, ear mites and canine sarcoptic mange in dogs. When used in cats it is used in the treatment or prevention of heartworm disease, fleas, ear mites and also to prevent hookworm and roundworm disease.
Revolution is available by prescription as spot on applicators.
How this medicine should be used
Revolution is applied to the skin on the back at the base of the neck once a month, in cats and dogs. Apply the contents in one spot and do not massage in. The animal may be bathed or allowed to swim 2 hours after the medication is applied. Spot on applicators are portioned based on the pet's weight Revolution is applied to the skin on the back at the base of the neck once a month, in cats and dogs. Apply the contents in one spot and do not massage in. The animal may be bathed or allowed to swim 2 hours after the medication is applied. Spot on applicators are portioned based on the pet's weight: cats up to 5 pounds and 5.1-15 pounds; for dogs up to 5 pounds, 5.1-10 pounds, 10.1-20 pounds, 20.1-40 pounds, 40.1-85 pounds and 85.1-130 pounds.
What are the side effects
Side effects when using Revolution may include temporary hair loss, loss of appetite, drooling, vomiting, diarrhea, drowsiness, rapid breathing, increased heart rate, and muscle tremors.
What special precautions are there
Do not use Revolution in animals allergic to it. Do not use on puppies under 6 weeks or kittens under 8 weeks of age. Use with caution in sick, weak or underweight animals. Revolution appears to be safe to use in pregnant or lactating dogs or cats. Do not apply to wet hair. Dogs should be tested for existing heartworm disease prior to using Revolution.
In the event of overdose
Contact your veterinarian or veterinary emergency room. Symptoms of overdose, while rare, may include salivation and incoordination.
How should I store this medication
Store this medication at room temperature, in the original box. Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed. Keep this medication out of the reach of children and pets.
This information sheet is for educational purposes only and is intended to be a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise and professional judgment of your veterinarian. The information is NOT to be used for diagnosis or treatment of your pet. You should always consult your own veterinarian for specific advice concerning the treatment of your pet.
The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, allergic reactions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for your pet. It is not a substitute for a veterinary exam, and it does not replace the need for services provided by your veterinarian.
***Rx- Perscription is required to purchase this product***